Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tuesday - Day Two

God's Word is Comforting.


Bible Story:
God comforts Paul in a storm at sea.
(Acts 27)

Bible Buddy:  Marina the Dolphin
The Bible is comforting, like an anchor in a storm.
You can hold tight to God's Word.




As the children began to arrive and the church was abuzz with excitement and happiness!   With the added good news of the Devonshire Softball Championship win (see previous post) the people of our church were in great spirits! 

Pictures below show a few of the activities in which our children participated...




Today's skit was lead by Skipper Nicole as she brought the kids through the journey of  Paul as this kids help her to weather the storm.






















The snack for the day is a delicate, imaginative idea:

A boat of ranch dressing with a sail of cheddar, afloat a body of wavy blue tortilla chips.

















In the nursery upstairs, the little tykes get ready for their craft.  As I try to sneak a picture of Lisa without disturbing the class, my plan is foiled - Lily jumps into the shot to offer a frantic wave hello.  I couldn't help but giggle at her Lily-ness...











After an afternoon of dodging my lens, I get Skipper Eric to stand for me so I can take his picture.  Eric is a favorite among the kids of VBS.




Below:  The kids had a great craft - Pillow Cases!  For the comfort of the Lord,
"Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles."




Thank you again to all the volunteers who are creating such a wonderful place for us
all to be in the evenings this week. 

With our sincerest gratitude for all you do, Devonshire VBS campers

No comments:

Post a Comment